This past weekend, I had an interesting conversation on my way home from Kat’s going away party– I was in the car with her aunt and grandma, and her aunt asked me what had ever happened to my book? (I had self-published in 2011/2012) and though I had published 2 she had only read the first and as she said: she was hooked.
I awkwardly explained that I had become self-conscious about it, and had taken it down in an effort to edit it and make it something more to my liking. But a thought struck me recently– when it comes to books, how important is it that I like the book I’m creating really?
Even though it’s still in progress I feel like I do actually like it now more than ever, but does it really matter? I mean you think about something like even this channel– I don’t watch my videos further than editing them. I cringe watching it when my boyfriend puts it on– even if I like the video, my perception of it after filming is usually like whatever– and then I edit it and manage to put it up and that’s that. I don’t watch them… But they aren’t really for me. They are created for me to express myself, but not for me to consume, so if others enjoy something I create, and I don’t, who’s opinion matters?
So I was looking for a good tag for bday questions and decided to make my own so I decided on 26 questions (cause spoiler alert that is how old I am going to be this year: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
- How old are you going to be?
- What is your favorite birthday memory?
- What time were you born?
- What was your favorite gift?
- Gift you always wanted but never got
- Secret birthday wish as a kid
- Famous person who shares your birthday
- Do you like cake or no?
- Do you like surprise parties?
- What is a gift you want now but would never ask for/get for yourself (dream gift)
- What party theme would you love to have?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What internet speed did you have growing up?
- What was your favorite kids’ show?
- Did you get a permit to drive at 16?
- Did you/will you have a sweet 16?
- What was your Sr year like?
- Did you do 18+ things when you finally hit 18?
- Did you wait until the legal drinking age to try alcohol?
- How old were you when you had your first kiss/boyfriend?
- First bar/club (did you like it?)
- Have you reached the age of your birth day? (For instance, my bday is 9/22)
- Do you still get cards/gifts from family/friends?
- How old were you when you lost your virginity?
- Do you actually enjoy birthdays or ignore them?
- How old were your parents when they had you?
*Warning this video contains strong language, viewer discretion is advised. *
So we filmed this as a multi going away for Kat and double birthday for me and Adrianne and let’s just say that it was only through the magic of editing that I was able to find a semi-coherent video here. Why did I only half ass do my face? The world may never know. The questions were made up by me, and hilariously at the time I wrote them they sounded good but in editing, they all sound generic and boring. Sorry bout it.